Saturday, October 9, 2010

Well, here I am!

I meant to start a blog years ago, but kept putting it off.  There was always something else to do first.  But now I look around at some of my favorite shops and realize I have some catching up to do!

I have a web-site.  I've had one practically since the internet was born... ok slight exaggeration.  I could practically 'speak' html back in '98 and my friends thought I was a total computer geek.  I made my own graphics and even designed sites and graphics for friends.  But now I find myself standing toward the back of the pack in internet literacy... keeping up seems to be a full-time job.

So here I am, finally starting a blog for my shop, Uptown Antiques.  It sits right in the heart of the historic district in uptown (or downtown if you prefer) Marysville, Ohio.  The shop is a bit eclectic because I love so many styles of decorating.  There's a bit of Victorian, some shabby chic/Paris apartment, romantic country and primitives, lots of primitives.  But with every style, the one element that continues throughout the shop is a sense of femininity.  I just love being a girl!

Our family consists of me, my husband and six wonderful young men.  We have a small house in the country and try as I might to keep it feminine and clean, it always manages to slightly resemble a dorm room.  I'm sure that will change as the guys move out, but for now, my shop is my 'own little corner, in my own little room and it can be whatever I want to be."  That's a verse from a Cinderella musical when I was a little girl.

Okay, I guess that's all for now.  I'm going to try to post a few pictures of the shop and figure out how to let everyone know that I'm blogging!  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! Can't wait to pop out and see your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your store. Wow. It's so nice! I wish I could come and shop. Thanks for visiting the Midwest Cottage and leaving such a sweet comment. We all love comments. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete